Friday, January 21, 2005


Most people (correctly) maintain that the internet is up to 85% pornography, but at least 10 of the remaining 15% percent is a much less useful type of obscenity, wedding invitation websites. Once you get sucked into looking, the raffia and petal inclusions and debossed deckled response cards work into your eyes and your heart like the shards of the Snow Queen's accursed mirror; soon, only wretched lumps of ice remain.

. . . .

I've discovered it is easy to end any argument with Scott by declaring that the wedding is off. I must use it sparingly, however: he is wily, and in time will learn to use my own tricks against me.


At 3:51 PM, Anonymous

Weddings are a fine example of those sort of life-changing "big deal" events that mean the entire world to the two parties involved (and maybe five or six others) and nothing whatsoever to the rest of the world at large--but some modern sense of social obligation requires one to treat the event as if it does, in fact, mean more than spitting on the sidewalk.

I hates the weddings. :P


At 4:28 PM, Julie

Yeah, but our wedding is going to be awesome.

At 7:03 AM, Charles

So's ours, but I think the actual ceremony is more important to other people, than us. We'd much rather forego all the little frills and whistles and just be married, rather than have to get married. This, I think, is a good sign.

At 7:26 AM, Aristotle

I've said it many times before and I'll keep saying it: what the perfect wedding is like.

I guess that means I'm of the same opinion as Dev. Who'd'a thunk…

At 10:59 AM, Lagomorpho

Being not religious at all, if I do get "married" it'll just be nothing but RECEPTION and FOOD

I also hate weddings.

At 7:04 PM, stef

your own wedding is always awesome, everyone else's always sucks/is extremely boring. Well ... non-church based ones are pretty interesting, actually. We wrote our own ceremony and still get comments on how cool it was. But the party is where you get them.

Also, Julie, you are an awesome graphic designer. Skip the sheepy bells and flowers shit and make your own wedding invitations.

At 7:27 PM, Julie

Oh lord, I'm not having someone else handle any of that. We're doing everything ourselves — even building a platform to be assembled at the ceremony site.

...I was just slumming.

At 9:11 PM, stef

That's good to know ... I didn't think premade invites seemed very you.


Post a Comment

<< home again